Employee Salary & Benefits
- Starting Salary: $52,707.20 annually
- Shift Differential Pay: $100/month
- Education Pay: $100 month for Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree above minimum requirements of position
- Certification Pay: up to $90/month
Take-home units are provided to officers who reside within the city limits of Corinth depending on availability.
The City of Corinth provides medical, dental, life, vision, A D & D, short and long-term disability insurance for employees at no cost. Dependents may be covered under the plan at group rates. The city also offers optional programs, including voluntary vision, additional life and accident insurance along with a 401(a) program. All employees are covered by workers compensation for injuries sustained in the line of duty.
Employees receive eleven paid holidays per year.
- Less than 5 years service: 80 hours per year
- 5 - 9 years of service: 120 hours per year
- 10+ years of service: 160 hours per year
Employees earn 96 hours of sick leave per year. Employees can accrue up to a maximum of 720 hours of sick leave.
The City of Corinth participates in the Texas Municipal Retirement System. Employees contribute 7% of their salary to the program. Upon retirement, the City of Corinth will match the employee’s contribution 2-1.
The City of Corinth offers an optional deferred compensation 457 plan in which employees can contribute a portion of their salary, before taxes, to a retirement account.
Employees may elect to have their bi-weekly paychecks automatically deposited to any bank requested.
Employees who have been with the City of Corinth at least 6 months receive $6 per month for every month worked.