Planning & Zoning Commission
The purpose of the Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) is to act as an advisory board on all matters relating to zoning, city planning, and development applications. The Board's primary function is to prepare and keep updated the City’s master plan to ensure orderly growth, and preserve the unique character of the community. A quorum is required to conduct business. A super-majority vote by the Council is required to overturn a majority recommendation by the P&Z Commission on zoning-related matters.
Number of Members: 5 regular members plus 2 alternates
Term of Office:2 year term with no term limits
Established:Ordinance No. 99-05-06-18
Appointed By:Members and Alternates are nominated by the Mayor and appointed by City Council. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are appointed by the City Council and shall each serve a one-year term.
Meetings:4th Monday of each month (special sessions called on an "as-need" basis
Location:Council Chambers, City Hall, 3300 Corinth Parkway
Duties / Responsibilities
- Initiate and conduct planning sessions to proactively address needed changes within the community relating to the master plan, including but not limited to: thoroughfare plan, property zoning/rezoning, and future development
- Recommend boundaries for initial zoning districts and appropriate zoning regulations.
- Take a proactive role in drafting, reviewing and making recommendations to the City Council relating to new zoning ordinances, amendments to existing zoning ordinances, and thoroughfare planning.
- Make preliminary reports and hold public hearings prior to submitting proposals to the City Council as they relate to zoning and environmental quality issues.
- Receive, review and take appropriate action on all platting and subdivision proposals.
- Board members must be qualified voters of the City and shall remain eligible to vote during their tenure on the Commission.
City Staff Contact:
|1||Vice Chairman||Bruce Hanson||September 30, 2017|
|2||Commissioner||Breien Velde||September 30, 2018|
|3||Chairman||Brian Rush||September 30, 2017|
|4||Commissioner||Dwayne Zinn||September 30, 2018|
|5||Commissioner||Marc Powell||September 30, 2018|
|6||1st Alternate||Chuck Mills||September 30, 2018|
|7||2nd Alternate||Vacant||September 30, 2017|