Permitting FAQs

*How to Hire a Roofing Contractor*

When is a Permit Required?

The following is a list of items that require permits and inspections:

All Retaining Walls.  Walls more than 4' tall (measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall) must be engineered and stamped by a registered engineer.

All Accessory Buildings, i.e. detached garages, barns, stables, sheds and gazebos

Residential Home Construction

Commercial Projects (including but not limited to tenant finish-outs)

Apartment Buildings

Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC

Fireplaces/pits, outdoor kitchens, wood burning stoves, ham radio antenna, decks and other similar small projects.

Residential and commercial additions and remodels

Fences (unless you are repairing/replacing less than 50% of an existing fence)

Irrigation (Sprinkler) Systems

In-ground and above ground pools and spas


Fuel tank installation


Fire Sprinklers

Concrete Slab/Pouring